Know your Optician from your Optometrist?

It can be a bit confusing so here is a quick guide to knowing your eye specialists.
  • Ophthalmologist
An ophthalmologist is a medical doctor who provides eye care, such as complete eye exams, diagnosing and treating complex eye diseases, and performing eye surgery.
  • Optometrist
An optometrist is a health care professional who performs routine eye sight tests, prescribe corrective lenses, diagnose common eye disorders, and treat selected eye diseases. Optometrists do not treat more complex eye problems or perform surgery.
  • Optician
An optician assembles, fits, sells, and fills prescriptions for eyeglasses. There are three types of eye specialists; Zoobug personally deals with all of the above whether they are based in Optician stores or specialist eye hospitals. They all have their part to play, each one pivotal to providing the best care for your child’s eyes.  

Leave a comment

Name .
Message .